Feb 7, 2009
Hello my mom has HIV and she's retaining alot of fluid, which swells her body and she's in pain alot. It also causes her to get headaches. Is there anything she can do to get rid of it?
| Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for your post.
Sorry to hear about your mom. There are many causes of fluid retention, some can be quite serious (ranging from kidney, liver and heart disease to blood clots).
The most important thing to do at this time is for her to discuss her symptoms with her doctor.
I'd be happy to discuss further, but she really needs a detailed diagnostic evaluation.
Best of health to her, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Fluid Retention And Neuropathy
- Is Swollen Lymph Glands A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Diarrhea After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Dizziness After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Balls After Receiving Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.