Fluid Retention

Hello my mom has HIV and she's retaining alot of fluid, which swells her body and she's in pain alot. It also causes her to get headaches. Is there anything she can do to get rid of it?

Hello and thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear about your mom. There are many causes of fluid retention, some can be quite serious (ranging from kidney, liver and heart disease to blood clots).

The most important thing to do at this time is for her to discuss her symptoms with her doctor.

I'd be happy to discuss further, but she really needs a detailed diagnostic evaluation.

Best of health to her, BY

HIV specialist in Bangkok
CD4 Percantage low but stable while absolute count drops?