1yr of steady counts, then sudden drop

I found out 2 years ago that I am HIV+. Since then I have visted the doctor every three months. For the past year my CD4 has averaged around 620. My viral load has consistantly been between 30,000and 45,000. However, my most recent lab work was a bit of a shocker! My CD4 dropped to 425 and my viral load almost doubled to 82,000.I have not been sick and I take good care of my body. Does this mean that my virus is progressing more quickly? My next appointment is in May, I seems to me, my doctor would be a litle bit more interested in the sudden drop and rise. Why would he not be concerned with this news? Thank you in advance for your help! I just need a little understanding.

Hello and thanks for your post.

Your labs do seem to indicate a shift from your previous trends. This could be a one-of event, or the beginning of a new trend (this may be why your doctor didn't express concern). While not in any danger zone, your increased viral load could presage a further drop.

If you're concerned (or if I were your doctor hearing these concerns), I'd bring you in a little sooner for a repeat set of tests.

I hope this helps and wish you well.

BY

Abacavir & Viread
Huge CD4 count drop in short time