|eradication of HIV
Feb 4, 2009
The Journal of medical virology reported a study of Yobutu Yamamoto concerning Immunotherapy of HIV infected patients with Gc protein-derived Macrophage activating factor (GcMAF). Is eradication of HIV a real possibility ? Thanks for your answer Pedro
| Response from Dr. Young
Hola Pedro and thanks for your post.
Thoughts of a treatment strategy, never mind eradication are wildly premature on the basis of a single in vitro laboratory study.
This study is provocative and might lead to approaches to improve treatment, and yes, possibly eradication, but I wouldn't be banking on it in the near future.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- What Are The Chances Of Passing Chlamydia With A Condom?
- Things That Get Mistaken For Genital Warts
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Genital Herpes While Using A Condom?
- Syphilis Symptoms Burning Urination
- Symptoms Of Genital Herpes In The Mouth
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.