|Kaletra alone without epivir & retrovir
Feb 4, 2009
| Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
Lopinavir/ritonavir (Kaletra) monotherapy, as you suggest, has been studied several times. The results show that this strategy isn't all too bad, though probably less effective than the combinations that include 2 NRTIs, like the 3TC+AZT that you're taking.
I generally don't recommend using boosted PI montherapy for this reason, unless there are really extenuating circumstances.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Much Does Retrovir Cost?
- Hepatitis C And Body Odor
- If I Had Unprotected Sex With An Hiv Positive Woman What Are The Odds That I Am Infected?
- Condom Effectiveness Against Hiv In Homosexuals
- In Hiv Does White Blood Cells Or Red Blood Cells Have To Do With Hiv
- Thrush In Mouth And Laryngitis
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.