Drop in CD4

Greetings from the Philippines!

Hi Doc BY!

I am on ARV for 4 months now (Tenofovir, Lamivudine and Efavirenz Stocrin and had my CD4 test today and now my CD4 count is 99 (from 143 last September) I am also on treatment with Hepatitis B (interferon) I am quite worried about the sudden drop of my CD4. Is it normal or should I change ARV? My White Blood Cell count is also down to 2,600 as of today (from 3,800 as of my Complete Blood Count last December) and also my platelet count goes down as well. Is there any reason for this? Although my Hepatitis B DNA viral load is now down to 1,280 from 640,000,000.

I am really worried I hope to hear from you soon!

Thanks a lot

Hello and greetings from Colorado, USA.

I don't think that your drop in CD count is either clinically significant, given the decrease in your total WBC count, one would expect a decrease in your total CD4 count-- you didn't mention your HIV viral load, but I would hope that this is undetectable (or close to it at this point). Check your CD4 percentages, it's likely and expected that after four months, your percentages should be climbing.

You've very clearly had a huge drop in your HBV viral load, indicative of an excellent response.

So, worry not. Stay in touch and be well,

BY

Combivir
GF NOT GETTING HER MEDS (ATRIPLA -2DAYS)