Combivir

I was HIV negative and about a week ago I slept with a guy and we didnt use protection and within 72hrs I consulted my GP and he prescribed Combivir and instructed me to be on medication for 30 days. Now my problem is I drank alcohol and took the medication afterward, does it have Impact on my progress. (Is is true that when acted 72hrs after unprotected sex chances are you might not be infected with HIV. Please help because I'm really worried, It is for the 1st time I became so wreckless.

1) It's good that you started PEP withint 72 hours of exposure, since the effectiveness falls off thereafter.

2) Alcohol generally doesn't have any significant negative impact on the effectiveness of Combivir (or other PEP regimens).

Be well, BY

TPHA +
Drop in CD4