Jan 31, 2009
Can anal masturbation, with a hair brush cause AIDS, or HIV or STD's? Also, this was a couple of months ago, and a little blood came out, and it never happened again. Is every thing okay?
| Response from Dr. McGowan
Assuming the hair brush was used only by you (and not someone else for the same purpose), you cannot contract HIV (or other STDs) from the brush. If my premise is correct, what you are describing is trauma from the use of the brush. The risk of sexual transmission of HIV (and other STDs) is increased in the setting of trauma so that is definitely something you should bear in mind.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Will Herpes Show Up In A Standard Blood Test?
- Will Having My Genital Warts Removed Decrease My Chances Of Spreading It?
- Why Does Chlamydia Infect Woman More Than Men?
- What Precautions Can You Take If Someone Has Herpes?
- What Do Genital Warts Look Like In Early Stages?
- How Do You Tell If You Vaginitis Or A Uti?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.