|Followup to CD4 and VL
Jan 30, 2009
Just a note for the original poster...I had two tests that showed over 1,000,000 copies when first diagnosed. Six months later I was undetectable. Modern meds are really good.
| Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for sharing your experience.
Yes indeed, viral loads can be sky high during initial infection; this shouldn't prevent achieving undetectable levels once treatment is started.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sore On Tongue After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
- Cause Of Vaginal Strep Infection
- Do I Need An Hpv Test If I Have A Normal Pap?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.