Truvada e Stocrin Vs Atripla

Hi !!!! This site is hour bible for hiv peoples!!! Congratulations for it!!! I live in Portugal, in Madeira Island. I am taking Truvada and Stocrin since september. I had 350 cd4 and now 530 cd4 and indetecable Viral Blod. My docter want to start whith Atripla. It is better than Truvada and Stocrin? what are the advantages? Thank you very much for your time! Rui Ps: Sorry for my english

Hello Rui and thank you for your post from Portugal (I've always wanted to visit Madiera).

Truvada + Stocrin is exactly the same as Atripla, except that all of the medications are combined into the single Atripla tablet.

So, there's no particular advantage per se, other than a reduction of the pill number from 2 to 1 a day. Nevertheless, it's obvious that one pill a day is a very attractive medication strategy.

Be well,

BY

ps, your english, if not perfect, is just fine. Write back anytime.

Starting Meds after 12 years in a Foreign country
Risk/Benefit of changing therapy