Switching beween Atripla/Truvada+Stockrin

Hi Dr. McGowan, I am happy that you are joining Dr. Young on this forum; I want to wish the best & thank you for your permanent help. I have a question: as I travel a lot can I take Atripla while I am outside my country (it is more convenient as a one pile to handle) and once I am back from travel can I take Truvada+Stockrin (cheaper & more available)? I know that it is the same medication, but is it OK to alternate-switching from one pill to two pills & Vis versa from time to time? Does it make any difference on its efficacy, absorption in the system? Does it lead to any side effect or any consequences whatsoever? Thank you very much for your answer.

Response from Dr. McGowan

Dear Switcher:

Thank you for the welcome! There should be no problem with switching the formulations as you describe. As you mentioned the tablets are meant to release the same amount of medications whether given separately or in the combination.

Joe

substitute for norvir
Combivir+Viread Side Effects