treatment for HBV halted

My treatment for HBV halted for three months due to some improvements in my condition.

I was diagnosed with HBV 2 YEARS AGO (APRIL 2007)and I started my treatment that very year in September (2008)on Lamuvidine after I had my liver biopsy taken. The biopsy results came out showing some developing cirhosis.

I have been on Lamuvadine since September 2007 that is for the past 15 months and I was meant to take the madiecation for at least 3 years before halting. However my doctor has decided to halt my treatment for at least 3 months due to some good developments.

My question to you is are there any chances of me not going back on treatment permanently or this is part of the on and of cycle?

What risks are there if anything go wrong?

Will this improve my health for the better or it is a proccess of waiting until my body starts deteriorating again?

Response from Dr. McGowan

Most treatment for hepatitis B would be chronic (that is long-term, usually for years to keep the virus suppressed). As with HIV, most current therapy is given with 2 drugs to prevent the emergence of drug resistance. A good or hopeful reason to stop treatment would be if you developed antibody (surface antibody) to hepatitis B. This would mean that your body was keeping the infection in check. Ask your doctor the reason the meds were held...and if you developed "Surface antibodies".

Good luck,

Joe

people with no insurance
Dr not sending in medical info