Atripla and feeling weird

i seem to having a very strange side effect that its hard to describe, the closest i can describe it is like having the vivid dreams you get on sustiva but feeling them while im awake, when i drive i feel like im not in reality and makes me feel like im going to pass out. Should i discontinue my meds or is there anything i can do to overcome this side effect, and has anyone else experienced something like this? Thank You for your responce.

Hello and thanks for your post.

Your's is an uncommon, but not unheard-of reaction to efavirenz (Sustiva, Stocrin, part of Atripla). I definitely would not recommend stopping treatment right now, at least without discussion about the symptom with your doctor. It's possible that this is related to efavirenz, but it's also possible that there is another cause.

Depending on how long you've been on efavirenz, your side effects may or may not be likely to improve. If you've been on meds for over a month or two, I'd think that it's unlikely.

I hope this helps.

BY

re: started kaletra II
Massive drop in CD4