Jan 26, 2009
I am already on ARV I would like to ask if SELENIUM (I take selenium daily) wont interact with my meds?
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for your post.
There's no obvious drug-drug interactions between selenium supplements and HIV medications.
While one study suggests some benefit for selenium in treatment naive persons, I don't think that this small benefit has much significance once your receiving ARVs (as you are).
Be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Does Cd4 Stand For?
- How Long Does Kaiser Take To Give Results To Hiv Test?
- Is It Difficult For A Man To Contract Hiv From A Woman Through Normal Vaginal Intercourse?
- How Can A Woman Be Hiv Positive And Her Husband Hiv Negative?
- Can You Get Hep C From Drinking Out Of A Cup Or Eating From Someone's Plate?
- Can You Have Hiv And Still Have A Normal White Blood Count?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.