Jan 26, 2009
I am already on ARV I would like to ask if SELENIUM (I take selenium daily) wont interact with my meds?
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for your post.
There's no obvious drug-drug interactions between selenium supplements and HIV medications.
While one study suggests some benefit for selenium in treatment naive persons, I don't think that this small benefit has much significance once your receiving ARVs (as you are).
Be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Are The Chances Of Getting HIV From Anal Sex Top?
- Is Dry Mouth An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Is Sinus Infection An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Itchy Testicles After Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- White Tongue After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Std If You And Your Partner Are Virgin And Have Oral Sex?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.