Atripla and sleep problem

I have been on Atripla for over 16 months. The vivid dreams ( some quite disturbing0 have not changed. Is there a herbal remedy I can consider before any other?

Hello and thanks for your post.

I'm surprised that you've persisted on Atripla as long as you have. I'm not a big believer in "herbal" treatments for sleep disruption- I'm a chronic jetlagged traveller and tried all sorts of strategies. In my opinion, I'd go with one of the sleep aids- zolpidem (Ambien) has worked very well for me.

The longer term issue is whether you and your doctor should be taking about a change from efavirenz. This would of course mean switching off from the convenience of one pill per day, but to me, sleep is way more important than pill numbers.

BY

8 Hour Time Change
Atripla