Condom Break, is there use of PEP after 90 Hrs.

I has sex with Sex Workerduring which condom broke from tip. We had sex for about 2-3 minutes oly. I do not know her HIV status. What are the chances of my self getting HIV? After 90 Hrs. of this incident I consulted the doctor who advised my PEP which I started immediately. Is PEP of any use after 90 Hrs.? What are the side effect of PEP? I am taking Lamivudine IP-150mg 2 times a day and Zidovudine IP-300mg one a day.

Thanks for your post.

The best studies on PEP suggest that there isn't too much benefit for treatment after 72 hours of exposure.

That said, it's hard to fault doctors or patients who initiate treatment after high risk exposures. Your exposure does not seem extreme, but there probably is some risk. PEP is often associated with side effects-- the regimen of ZDV+3TC that your taking (known here as Combivir) is typically associated with fatigue, headache, nausea and sometimes, vomiting.

Let your doctor know if you experience persistence of any of these symptoms.

Best of health to you, BY

HIV and pregnancy
Isentress/Truvada Combo?