ARV's & Alcohol

hi Doc, im in South Africa and thanks for the time you take to reply to our questions,one of my questions was answered on the 19 of january and it helps a lot. Doc I would also like to ask if is it okay to occationaly take alcohol or is it dangerous if you are on medication (ARV's), i do take a drink sometimes and i am responding very well to my medication since my cd4 increases and my viral load decreases. Will taking alcohol maybe affect me in the future?

Hello and thanks for your post from South Africa.

Yes, so long as your alcohol consumption is moderate and doesn't interfere with your adherence (this can be a very serious issue), there's no reason why you can't have a drink from time to time.

BY

Cost increases - part 2
Infection with resistance virus