Zmax and HIV meds

Hi Dr.BY, i first would like to thank you for answering my previous Q. I recently quit smooking, and i've been experiencing some symptom that i thought it could be Peumonia, so i visited the doctor recently and he said that could be the smooking effects fading away, and he prescribed Zmax, the one dose antibiotic, I DIDN'T tell him that i'm on HIV meds, but i read in the precaution of the drug that i need to discuss it first with an expert!! what would u advise me on that? here is the regimn that i'm on : Combivir,saquinavir,ritonavir...

Thanks for your post and good to hear back from you.

There aren't any significant drug-drug interactions between azithromycin (Zmax, Zpack) and your HIV medications. Indeed, 'zithro is routinely recommended for prevention of mycobacterial infections for persons with CD4 counts below 50.

BY

Re What does it (AIDS and illness) look like??
new hiv meds 4 drugs in one pill taken once a day..