cost increases

Hi As HIV progresses (i.e. cd-4 count drops), how much of an increase in dosages or monthly cost of medication can I expect? Does one usually change to more expensive drugs or to increased doasges? I know it is very individualistic, however, if you could give me a general idea it would be most helpful.

Thanks for your post and interesting question.

The doses of HIV medications are not based on one's CD4 count- hence, as disease progresses, the same dose of medications are used. The limited exception to this rule are some medications that are dosed differently for persons with drug-resistant virus (but then, this isn't based on the patient, but rather the virus).

BY

Type of Meds
What does it (AIDS and illness) look like?? [To readers, please share your experiences- BY]