Not taking medications, but you should.

I would like to know why someone could go down hill so fast when not taking their medications? Sad Story My sister was diagnose with HIV went to jail and did not get treatment. Released from jail, on street drugs and the disease progressed. It has been 20 days since her hospitalization- she has fungal infection in her brains, sepsis as of today, blind in both eyes, and deaf. She rests in her hospital bed calling out to people that are not there and she does not know who is at her bedside. She looks like a space creature and was so beautiful.

Thanks for sharing your sad story.

It does sound like your sister is very, very ill indeed. HIV disease can progress quite rapidly, especially for those persons with high viral loads, or who have asymptomatic disease with low CD4 counts.

Her case illustrates the need for routine lab monitoring and the initiation of treatment when counts reach dangerous levels. In my opinion, even the use of illicit drugs isn't a reason not to start treatment, provided that the patient is willing- I hope that your sister will have a chance at medications.

Here's to wishing your sister a full recovery,

BY

hiv and Thorne Myco-immune
Type of Meds