Bad reactions from meds?!

Hi dr.Ben, lately i've been having these kind of mosquito bites around my hands and my feet, is that some sort of side effects from the meds, i've been on Lamivudine+Zidovudine and Invirase, and Norvir for 2 and half months now ... and if it is!! is there any other med. would u recommend for me to avoid these reactions? one more thing, what are the other commercial names for the very same meds in the US.? thank you very much

Hello and thanks for your post.

I'm not sure if you're describing true insect bites or not, but if so, there is no association between bites and HIV medications.

If not, then you might be having some sort of skin eruption, perhaps hyperpigmentation (a known side effect of zidovudine -AZT).

Either way, I'd discuss your symptoms with your doctor. Skin symptoms are very difficult to diagnose unless evaluated (pun intended) in the flesh.

BY

FWIW, the commerical names of the drugs that you're taking are: Combivir (lamivudine+zidovudine), Inverase (saquinavir), Norvir (ritonavir).

health supplement is not necessary for hiv patients?
hiv and Thorne Myco-immune