I have just discovered (Sudan)

I have just discovered that i am HIV+ what instant medication can i start on and what to order.. unfortunately further confirmatory testing and the CD4 count and viral load tests cannot be done in my country (juba sudan).. I am an active sports athlete and my blood group is O+ and 34yrs old. thanks for all..

Hello and thank you for your post from Sudan.

I'm sorry to hear about your recent diagnosis-- you should know that HIV medications need not be started immediately, nor necessarily for all persons. If your feeling well and don't have any HIV-related symptoms, then the next step is to try to find out your CD4 count (viral loads become less critical in your situation). I'm pretty sure that such testing might be available in Sudan; certainly in neighboring countries (maybe your travels might take you abroad).

If your CD4 count is in the normal range (above 350), then we generally don't recommend treatment (unless you have active hepatitis, kidney or heart disease-- I'll assume that you don't because of your active athletics).

Short of having CD4 testing, then it's important to find a doctor with expertise in HIV medicine or AIDS service organization. Here, yet again, I ask our readers to share their information or experiences to help our poster. One place to start might be the Eastern African National Networks of AIDS Service Organizations .

I hope this is helpful. Please feel free to write me back anytime.

BY

anything new on Raltegravir?
How risky is duo therapy option