CD4 count

Hi, I was tested and my cd4 count was 11 and not sure of the viral load then, after a period of six months while on arv's I was tested again and my c4d went up to 137 and my doctor told me my viral load is now less than 50. I want to ask if this progress is normal after this period or was it suppose to be more, and is there anything like a viral load of less than 50? cause im now thinking may be he wanted to say 50 000.

Hello and thanks for your post.

If your on ARVs (or antiretroviral therapy) and your CD4 count has indeed gone from 11 to 137, this is an excellent response. After six months on treatment, I'd expect your HIV viral load to have reached undetectable levels (usually less than 50 or 48 copies).

Be well, BY

Norvir
Drug combination