Side Effects

I have been on Combivair and Stochrin since 2001. My breast and stomach have been growing for some time. My legs are getting thinner. My skin has developed black sports on my arms and legs. I have searching for help. I am in South Africa and i was prescribed bio oil for the skin which is not helping. My doctor has changed my Stochrin to Truvada last week. He says my breast and thin legs are side effects of Stochrin.

Hello and thanks for your post from South Africa.

I hope you mistyped your medication switch- the side effects of skin darkening and fat loss are associated, not with efavirenz (Stocrin), but with the AZT part of Combivir.

A switch to a regimen of tenofovir+FTC (Truvada) with Stocrin would be a highly recommended and successful one; and one that should decrease the severity of your side effects.

Please talk to you doctor to make sure that you (or he) have got the medication instructions correct.

Best of health to you,

BY

Thinking About Changing
HIV Positive and TB