never

I never had a hiv test done while pregnant but my baby is hiv neg what does that mean.

A negative HIV test in your baby is a very good thing-- if the test was done after about 6 months of age, it means categorically that your baby doesn't have HIV infection.

On the other hand, since about 2/3rds of children born to HIV+ mothers do not get HIV infection, a negative test in your child doesn't prove that you don't have HIV yourself. If in doubt (I recommend HIV testing as part of all routine healthcare), you should ask your doctor to test you.

Be well,

BY

CD4 and VL
CD4 terminology