Jan 14, 2009
I never had a hiv test done while pregnant but my baby is hiv neg what does that mean.
Response from Dr. Young
A negative HIV test in your baby is a very good thing-- if the test was done after about 6 months of age, it means categorically that your baby doesn't have HIV infection.
On the other hand, since about 2/3rds of children born to HIV+ mothers do not get HIV infection, a negative test in your child doesn't prove that you don't have HIV yourself. If in doubt (I recommend HIV testing as part of all routine healthcare), you should ask your doctor to test you.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sex With A Prostitute Scared I Have AIDS
- Ache In Testicles After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Rash After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Red Eyes After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.