atripla side affects

hi been on atripla now for 6 months and have persistant itching on the skin with sketchyness and headaches. How long will it take for these side affects to go away or if I should consider changing meds ?

Hello and thanks for your post.

If you've had persistent symptoms for 6 months (yikes!), it's unlikely that they're going to get better on their own.

The "sketchiness" that you describe is common in the first weeks of efavirenz (part of Atripla, Sustiva, Stocrin). The side effect can be worse for some patients if they take their medications with food. If it hasn't gotten better after 6 months, it's unlikely to improve further.

I'd talk to your doctor about alternative treatments that you could switch to.

Best of health, BY

last stage of hiv
Re Still Sick