Truvada/Stockrin taken seperately

Dear Dr. I cant thank you enough for answering my previous posting and hope you can answer this one, you are great. I read on the Truvada leaflet that it can be taken with food, while Stockrin on empty stomach due to side effect, also I read that Stockrin have a longer half life than Truvada and that is why a few hours delay of taking Stockrin should be fine, while it is better to stay within the time limit for Truvada; I am taking Truvada+Stockrin together at 10:30pm (I reach UD <40cp/ml after three months), my questions are: 1/ Can I take, sometimes when having late outside dinner, Truvada with the food and then Stockrin with a two hours delay (later) when the stomach is empty again? 2/ Or should I stick to take both of them (sometimes) with the dinner at 10:30pm, I am just worried that taking them with dinner will affect the effectiveness of the drug (I mean absorption in the stomach/blood, and having a risk of reducing their strength? 3/ or better to take them together two hours after the late dinner means at 12:30am, after the finishing the food digestion before going to bed and here I am worried about the time delay for both of them? I do not want to miss around my UD status. Thanks once gain for your support.

Thanks for your post.

Here in the US, Truvada is approved to be taken without regard to food. Efavirenz (Sustiva, Stockrin) is recommended to be taken on an empty stomach, but this requirement is only to avoid the risk of side effects; many persons take their Truvada and efavirenz (Atripla) together without regard to meals.

To keep things simple, I'd just take your Truvada and Stockrin together and not worry about the meals.

I hope this helps, BY

Choosing a doctor
5 years and counting