The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Choosing a doctor
Jan 13, 2009

My son was just diagnosed as HIV positive. He is 23 years old and we live in the Long Island/New York area. Can you recommend the best doctor to treat him?

Response from Dr. Young

Thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear about your son's diagnosis. There are many excellent HIV doctors in your area. One good starting point is Dr. Joe McGowan at North Shore Community Hospital-- he's also an expert here at's forums.

Best of health to you and your family, BY

Truvada/Stockrin taken seperately

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint