Choosing a doctor
Jan 13, 2009
My son was just diagnosed as HIV positive. He is 23 years old and we live in the Long Island/New York area. Can you recommend the best doctor to treat him?
Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
Sorry to hear about your son's diagnosis. There are many excellent HIV doctors in your area. One good starting point is Dr. Joe McGowan at North Shore Community Hospital-- he's also an expert here at TheBody.com's forums.
Best of health to you and your family, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hiv Skin Crawling Face Legs
- Is Pharyngitis A Sign Of Primary Hiv?
- If You Have Hiv But You Are Undetectable Can You Still Give Someone Hiv While Having Sex?
- What Reactions Does Genital Herpes Have?
- What Happens If You Have Gonorrhea For A Year Without Treatment?
- What Happens If Shingles Are Not Treated With Medicine?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.