Atripla response.

Thanks for all the great work you do here! I started meds(Atripla)this summer,June 13,after 3 years of being hiv+.My CD4 had dropped to 256,my viral load went up to a 3 year high of 34,000 and my percentage had dropped to 17% .My CD4 hovered in the 300 to 350 range for all 3 years,my % was always in the 20 to 23 range and my VL ranged between 9,000 and 20,000 all 3 years.My initial labs after 3 months where,CD4 300,VL undetectable and my % was 20.Just got my second set of labs yesterday(6 months since starting meds) and my CD4 has gone up to 360,still undetectable and my % has gone up to 22.I'm 47 years old and healthy and was wondering why my % had not jumped higher since my C4 has gone up over 100 in 6 months.Many thanks and have an awesome holiday season.

Thanks for sharing your results-- looks like you're well on track for immune system recovery.

Your CD4 percentage has gone from 17 to 22-- a 5 point increase in 6 months. Putting this a different way, you've had a 5/17- or about 30% increase in your CD4 levels-- exactly the same relative increase in the total CD4 counts (from 256 to 360; or about 100/250). These are outstanding increases.

So, carry on. Here's to an awesome 2009 to you.

BY

trizivir vs combivir
Re: SO SO SO SAD