Questions never answered
Jan 3, 2009
I am allergic to Viramune so I cannot take NNRTIs. I am not resistant to any medications. My doctor recently prescribed Norvir, Reyataz, and Truvada. Is this a good regimen given that I cannot take NNRTIs? Thank you.
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for your post.
If you're allergic to nevirapine, it's certainly possible to take other first-line treatments. Indeed, the regimen that your doctor has prescribed is one of the most commonly used, first-line regimens in the US.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get HIV From Blood Splash?
- Chances Of Getting HIV From Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation
- HIV Risk After Genital Rubbing
- Too Scared To Get Tested After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation
- Risks Of Contracting HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Burning Red Spots After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.