SO SO SO SAD

You might not publis this. Why is it that despite the fact that you know that HIV/AIDS is a scam, you persist in encouraging happless people to continue taking the extemely poisonous HIV/AIDS drugs and dissuade them from taking multivitamin therapies? This is diabolical and you all will be punished for this. I wander how some of you sleep at night, especially the one who continuosly suggests that patients should not take multivitamins so that they can save up for a trip to Hawai. It is disgusting.

I'm sorry to read your misinformed post. However, understanding that yours is not an isolated case and that the opinion you espouse often prevents many at need from reaching medical attention, here's my reply:

HIV/AIDS is not a scam at all. Millions of people have died from the complications of this viral infection. Thousands of scientific, peer-reviewed publications provide the most rigorous evidence of this.

HIV care and, when appropriate, medications save lives. It's been estimated that millions of lives have been saved since the discovery of and introduction of combination HIV therapies. Medications are not perfect and people do have side effects and toxicity from medications (no one should assert the contrary). On the other hand (and this is where I'd love to have commentary from our readers), many countless persons' health have been restored from medications that are very well tolerated indeed.

Multivitamins alone are not a treatment for HIV. There are scarce scientific data that suggests any iota of improvement in health from multivitamins. By the way, do you trust the marketing from non-regulated vitamin manufacturers more than regulated pharmaceutical companies? (I don't.)

It is not diabolical at all to suggest that people look to the best evidence-based scientific strategies for dealing with their health. Nor is it wrong to suggest that people spend their monies wisely.

I'm sorry that you feel the way that you do. We (in the US anyways) live in a free country and your entitled to believe whatever you want. Is it because you don't believe that HIV exists? (It does.) Is it because you don't trust the marketing engines of pharmaceutical companies? (Not unreasonable) It is because you have had a terrible experience with toxicity and side effects? (I can appreciate that this happens).

Just know that the overwhelming bulk of medical and scientific literature and millions of patients' experiences strongly disagrees with you. By the way, when I'm not jetlagged from helping HIV patients and doctors from half-way around the world, I sleep pretty good.

BY

COLD-FX and HIV Meds - interaction ?
When should someone start treatment?