CD4, CD4% and Copies: when should i start the treatment ?

On 03/19/08 these were my numbers: CD4 580, CD% 32, Copies 8160. On 12/15/08 these are my numbers: CD4 684, CD% 31 and Copies 1628. I am not on meds yet. I was happy because my CD4 increase and my copies are relatively low but when i was reading all the info in this site i noticed that the CD% is the most accurate way to take a decision so when i see this my CD% decreased 1% almost in the lower rage that is 30 according with my rages in my study, if my CD% keep decreasing when should i start the treatment? of if you can tell me how do you see my numbers? thanks in advance, we really appreciate your time

Thanks for your post.

I think that you're over-interpreting your labs. A 1% change in CD4% is probably not significant. I'd interpret your two lab tests and conclude that there has been little significant change in your CD4 levels and that you have a well below average (that's good) viral load.

I generally don't worry about HIV medications until CD4% are in the mid 20s, provided that the absolute CD4 counts remain in the normal range. As you're no doubt aware, CD4 absolute counts below 350 remain the recommended trigger to start treatment.

I hope this helps,

BY

Effects of Viraday
Question about questions