Effects of Viraday

I recentlty tested positive and am using Viraday for about 45 days.The impaired concentration effect is not going away and leading me to depression. Is there any alternative. My viral load is <50 and CD4 134 about 15 days back

Thanks for your post.

The psychological and nervous system side effects of efavirenz (part of Viraday and Atripla) are well characterized (and the subject of a lot of discussion on our forum). They include the impaired concentration and mood problems that you describe. It's unusual for the side effects to persist past 3-4 weeks, and most persons have them subside entirely within a couple of weeks.

Since you're having symptoms 6 weeks into treatment, I'd be concerned that your in the minority of patients who might benefit from changing the efavirenz component to another-- either nevirapine (Viramune) or a boosted protease inhibitor.

I'd strongly recommend that you let your doctor know about your symptoms and discuss how to best handle your treatment.

Best of health to you.

BY

just started taking atripla
CD4, CD4% and Copies: when should i start the treatment ?