Jan 2, 2009
Hi Doc BY,
I would like to change from my generic lamivudine to Zeffix but here in my country it only comes in 100mg so i need to take 3 tabs a day. Is it okay?
| Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for your post.
Zeffix is the branded 100 mg lamivudine (3TC) used for the treatment of hepatitis B. It is indeed the same as lamivudine used to treat HIV. You're correct, you'd have to take 3-100 mg Zeffix to get the correct HIV dosing.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Muscle Ache After Rubbing Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Trouble Urinating After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Do Condoms Prevent Genital Warts?
- Frequent Watery Vaginal Discharge With Bad Odor
- I Have Vaginal Irritation And Blisters
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.