Jan 2, 2009
Hi Doc BY,
I would like to change from my generic lamivudine to Zeffix but here in my country it only comes in 100mg so i need to take 3 tabs a day. Is it okay?
| Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for your post.
Zeffix is the branded 100 mg lamivudine (3TC) used for the treatment of hepatitis B. It is indeed the same as lamivudine used to treat HIV. You're correct, you'd have to take 3-100 mg Zeffix to get the correct HIV dosing.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Headache After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Oral Ulcers After Having Sex During Period Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Red Eyes After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Can Mucous In Stool Be An Std?
- Does Doxycycline Treat Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.