Re resistent to Atripla

I too found out I was unable to take Atripla due to NNRTI resistence and am on a successful regimen of Lexiva,Norvir,TruvadaIt's four pills but still only once a day. I have NO PROBLEMS with side effects etc. however I know at least two others who take atripla and have problems with Sustiva side effects. Also there is more leeway I believe (and doctors, please correct me if I'm wrong) on the day to day timing of dosage, it's not as necessary to take my dose EXACTLY the same time each day. Less leeway with Atripla. I believe accidentally missing Atripla doses can be more serious as well, not that you should ever miss a dose. Other than the pill burden taking a boosted PI with Truvada is not the end of the world You'll likely do fine. Wait till you get that first VL "undetectable" report, it's exhilerating!!!

Thanks for your post and valuable comments.

Your experiences with the boosted fosamprenavir (Lexiva) regimen exactly mirrors those of many of our patients.

I encourage you and others to share their experiences with our readers. The knowledge that medications work and can be very well tolerated- even if they aren't one pill a day- is very important; particularly for the roughly 10% of individuals who are initially infected with drug resistant HIV.

Happy and healthy new year to you.

BY

Generic or Branded
cdcounts