Drug Resistance

Greetings!

How do I know that I my body is not taking the drug very well or if i have drug resistance?

Thanks

Thanks for your post.

In the US, we'll monitor patients through clinical side effects and laboratory tests. Drug resistance is typically noted by having an increased viral load in the presence of very good adherence- and proven by the emergence of drug resistance mutations (in resistance testing). By "not taking the drug well", I'm guessing that you mean having toxicity or side effects- the former is typically measured in asymptomatic patients by lab testing or by specific side effects; which ones we look for depend on the characteristics of the particular medications being taken.

Be well, BY

Atripla and pain below back of ribs
VERY erratic blood test results