test and medications
Dec 28, 2008
Hi, Doctor DeJesus, I have one more question.
Can cold and flu medications (for cough and sore throat etc) interefere with an HIV test? If so, what kind?
Response from Dr. DeJesus
The HIV test is an assay that checks for specific antibodies (protein-like) that your body produces after being in contact with the HIV. None of the things that you have mentioned in this question, and in others in the past, will affect the result of this test.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sore On Penis After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Getting Head Worried I Have HIV
- Does Washing Up After Sex Prevent Std's?
- If You Use A Condom Correctly Can You Get A Std?
- Symptoms Of Vaginal Bleeding Headache Low Back Pain Cramping
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.