|test and medications
Dec 28, 2008
Hi, Doctor DeJesus, I have one more question.
Can cold and flu medications (for cough and sore throat etc) interefere with an HIV test? If so, what kind?
| Response from Dr. DeJesus
The HIV test is an assay that checks for specific antibodies (protein-like) that your body produces after being in contact with the HIV. None of the things that you have mentioned in this question, and in others in the past, will affect the result of this test.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hairy Tongue After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Condom Inside Out Worried I Have HIV
- How Long Should You Wait To Get Tested For Chlamydia?
- How To Stop Vaginal Bleeding?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.