1 year later...i'm way OK

Hi Dr. Young

Yesterday was my one year anniversary of testing HIV positive. What a year it has been. Mixed with the best and worst, it has made me more grateful and surprisingly stronger. Thanks to countless "angels" who helped me when I needed it. I would have to include you in the list because I wrote you an email the night I received my first set of lab results (v.l. 124,000 CD4 270) and my world was unraveling in front of my eyes and you gave me some great advice. Not just once but twice this year (once when starting my meds in march)

Well let's just say that today I feel great, have CD4 numbers in the low 600's, an undetectable v.l. and a doctor patient relationship that most would envy. The reason I say this at all is not to boast or brag but to give hope to anyone that finds themselves feeling like this is more than they can handle. You CAN do this. Get trusted support, education (this site is excellent)the best doctor you can find, make your body a temple and don't be afraid of the meds. (in my case the sooner I caged the beast the better)

Thanks again for your help and the work you do here. It made the last year a whole lot easier.

Thanks for your post and great to hear that you're doing so well.

Your words are very important ones and add to the material that can help others through difficulty times.

Stay in touch; here's wishing for a happy, healthy and peaceful new year.

BY

Half-Life and Resistance
ARVs and alcohol