what should i do now

i was taking heroween injection and when i want to stop iwent to hospital7/6/2008 they made some testes and they told me that i have 3 virus .c&b&hiv.6monthes ago iwas on interferon and rebaviren for virus c. and zefix for virus b.and no medcine for hiv.my p.c.r.for hiv was 53 and my cd4 was 915.in 20/11/2008 my cd4 was 436.35%.they told me thst i have to make a new p.c.r.only yesterday i got my new p.c.r. it was not detected in lower detection 47 copy/ml!!!i want to understand how i was 53 and i became not detected without medecine?and why my cd4 became low?and what should i do now?thank you.

Response from Dr. DeJesus

Your case it is a bit complicated to be answered in this forum given your 3 concomitant infections. There are a lot more information we would need to give you an advice. If you are currently been treated by an HIV provider with significant experience in the field, I encourage you to discuss these issues with him/her. Otherwise, I wonder if you live near an institution that can better manage complicated cases like yours.

We have many HIV patients that are infected with both HCV and HBV, and we can treat them, all successfully. If you are only taking Zefix (Lamivudine, Epivir), it is possible that this drug is keeping the HIV low, because it also has anti-HIV activity. On the other hand, I am worried about you, because HIV patients with hepatitis B, should not be treated only with Zefix. If this is the case, you need to ask your provider to put you on a full anti-HIV regimen, regardless your HIV viral load, to prevent resistance. I would advise you to add tenofovir (Viread, not sure how this drug is called in your country) in addition to another active regimen, perhaps better a boosted protease inhibitor. Good luck!

Still worried..
Starting Meds