Still worried..

Hi, Dr. DeJesus. I promise this is the last time I will ask you a question.

I wrote to you before and you have answered to me about the body temperature elevations and fluids. I really appreciate yout time. However I still have further questions that weren't answered, if you can help me please.

I was wondering does eating or drinking alot of fluids before an HIV test matter? Would it have any affect on the HIV test result?

The reason that I am inquiring about this is because I had an instance that took place 3 years ago that bothered me. At that time I had a glandular fever and the doctor told me I had mono and sent me home. However now 3 years later I was paranoid after reading that mono has similar symptoms to HIV. I took a recent HIV blood test at a local clinic that came back negative 2 weeks later, which made me pretty sure I did have mono back then. However the day of the recent HIV test I had a cold and the day before I drank lots of hot fluids. And I was panicking that if those fluids had an impact on my test result in any way. I am still scared that I have it and the fluids diluted my blood somehow. I know I may be just over-reacting however an opinion from an expert would really help because I have no one to really ask unless going back to the clinic.

Response from Dr. DeJesus

You have NOTHING to worry about. If your original symptoms occurrred 5 months ago, and now you have a negative HIV test, then your illness back then was not likely to be related to HIV. You CANNOT dilute your blood by drinking water and make the HIV test negative! If you have doubts, get another HIV test, but I personally do not think it is necesary. Stop worrying!

Prednisone (corticoesteroide) falso negativo
what should i do now