some more questions--PML

Thank you for responding so quickly,we appreciate that. He was offered an LP,but refused.The JCV is wide spread in the hemophilia community,we got news letters about the JCV,from the local hemophilia society years ago. I read somewhere on the NET about NAC(n-acetyl cysteine)in this one peice of literature I read that they have seen complete remmision in brain biopsy proven PML?????I was unable to find anything else on that.Do you know anything about the 'tat gene inhibitor'? It is known to transactivate the JCV in VITRO.His regimen seems to be working for him-indinivir/3TC/D4T/NAC/gingko biloba/decadron and dilantin.Any helpful information?thanks so much,in advance.--

Response from Dr. Currier

I am sorry but I do not know about the activity of NAC against PML. I do not think it could casue any harm. The only drug that I would consider for treatment would be cidofovir and it is in clinical trials now ( I think I mentioned that in your first query). Glad things are improving. -JC

mild silver protein??????
HUman Growth Hormone