Combivir + Stocrin

Hi! I've been prescribed Combivir + Stocrin. I need to start the meds real soon, because my CD4 count is 29. I have read somewhere in here that because of side-effects, Combivir is no longer as frequently prescribed in the US. May I know what is now the preferred alternative to Combivir?

Thanks for your post.

Indeed AZT+3TC (Combivir) is not frequently used in initial therapy in the US anymore- most frequently, the newer combination NRTIs, tenofovir+FTC (Truvada) and (less commonly) abacavir+3TC (Epzicom, Kivexa) are used.

As always, the specific choice of medications should be based on clinical trials data and specific details of your virus and your health circumstances.

Be well, BY

Tangelos and HIV med interactions?
happy holidays