positive tb

Hello sir,

i'm 17 years old and recently i was tested positive for a skin test. The doctor told me that the tb germs in my body are not active at all, they are still sleeping so i only have to do the treatment and not the other thing. She said the treatment is 9 months long, which i understand fully and they tested if my liver was working properly and everything seems to be 100%. i am currently taking ISONIAZID 300MG and the doc said that for 9 months should be enough for me to prevent the tb cells from becoming active. My question is that as i said i am taking this medicine and all and i am trying to quit but sometimes i smoke marijuana . maybe once a week or so i jus wanna know will this affect my treatment in a big way or anything? i have not shown any sideaffect to the medicine or seen any affect due to the marijuana so i jus wanna know. thanks alot sir.

Thanks for your post.

From what you've described, you have a positive TB skin test, but no evidence of active tuberculosis. We'd call this latent tuberculosis infection. In such circumstances, treatment with isoniazid (INH) is highly recommended to prevent later activation of the TB bacillus (germ) and disease.

Marijuana should not have any significant impact on INH treatment.

Best of health to you.

BY

Can I take Spiruliana
Traditional Herbal Therapy - DUHA