My life

Hallo am 19 years from kenya and yes Hiv +,so much has changed and am already on meds.i want to know what kind of foods i should be eating,iv not had time to see my nutritionist.and since am positive and n meds,can i still drink stuff that has alcohol in it?pls advice

Hello and thank you for your post from Kenya.

I'm sorry to hear about your HIV diagnosis at such a young age. Nutrition is a very important element to your health. With HIV, there isn't any magic nutritional bullet, but rather I advise my patients to get a well balanced diet, replete with rest and exercise.

TheBody.com's link to nutritional resources should be of help.

As for alcohol, there's no absolute reason why you can't have a drink (in moderation) from time to time. The only real concern on my part would be if your drinking led to situations that could increase your risk of missing doses of your HIV medications.

I hope this helps. Feel free to write me back here anytime.

BY

Newly diagnosed with HIV
Newly diagnosed +ve