HIV Meds

Hi I'm on Atripla but was away in Asia and Run out for Five Days I Visited a Local STD Clinic they did Not Have Atripla but gave me the following for for the five days. STOCRIN 600 mg1xNight VIREAD 300mg 1x Night LAMIVUDINE 150mg 2x Night. Do you think that this was correct and will this effect my Next Blood Count or Readings ???? PS.Your Site is great help to so many and I want to say Thanks RC

Dear RC,

Thank you for your post and comments from Asia.

The medications in Atripla (Viread, Emtriva, Strocrin) are nearly identical to the medications that you've listed. The only difference is that Lamivudine (3TC) is a cousin of the Emtriva (FTC) in Atripla. By the way, lamivudine cane be dosed 300 mg once-daily.

There shouldn't be any effect on your next labs.

Be well, BY

interferon and hiv
Newly diagnosed with HIV