Vaccination while on HAART

I am currently on Isentress and Truvada. I got my flu shot the day before yesterday (which caused me to feel like I had the flu for about 24 hours), and I am due for a vl lab in about a week. Can the flu shot cause a viral load increase notwithstanding the fact that I am taking the meds? If so, for how long will that increase last?

Thanks for your post.

As you point out, vaccinations can transiently increase viral load- this is usually of no significance, except that the values can cause confusion when interpreting tests.

I usually try to avoid requesting VLs within 1 week of the vaccine- you should be ok from this respect.

Be well, BY

When to start Atripla?
Prezista Storage Temperature