should I continue taking bactrim

Endless thanks Dr Benjamin for answering my question on how fast could CD4 count down, it is the first answer out of my 4 questions here, please Im still concerned, should I continue on daily bactrim? I am still taking bactrim 2x1 a day, and that is since 04/4/08, Ive taking 2x2 till the Dr reduced it to 2x1 daily, view my CD4 count (826 by april / 794 by Nov.) should I continue taking bactrim or wait for now, however my test at april tested positive to HIV.

Thanks for your follow up.

If your CD4 count is above 200, you don't need to be on Bactrim (TMP/SMX, Cotrimoxazole, Septra) at all. Given that you have multiple tests that show this, I'd feel quite confident that you don't need the Bactrim prophylaxis.

Best of health to you,

BY

atripla champix
Drug resistance