PERFUSE VOMITING

A 17 year-old female w/vomiting after after or during completion of a meal. Student is very active in extracurricular activties, minimal stress from sports. Doctors have checked labs, EGD, Hidroscan, and have ruled out a lot of dx. What other health issues may be checked out. Something has to be going on because this is not normal. Yes, it wasn't an issue, however they checked first for pregnancy. Please inform me what other tests might need to be done in order for the doctors to continue with finding the problem. As a mother, I am really not sure what other health issues could cause this for such a long period of time. These are Specialists in their field that has been treating her. There is rarely no abdominal pain, except she states she is just tired, and ready for bed at an earlier time each night than she should. She is 5'7" tall and weighs 146 pounds. Thank you so very much for this forum.

Response from Dr. DeJesus

The diagnosis and management of post-pandrial (after a meal) vomiting is not too complicated. You do not mention if this patient is HIV infected; if so, medications, current immunological status (CD4 count?) and the presence of opportunistic infections and psychological problems all may play a role. If she is not HIV infected, I will ask you to check with her gastroenterologist for further counseling and evaluation.

Blownup
ephedrine and caffeine