switching med

Hi Dr. Young, thanks for all your permanent support, help and dedication. I have been on Combivir+ Stockrin for two months now and my latest VL is 150 with PCR (Roche) Cobas Taqman,CD4 600 and CD%36, Liver and Kidney both are good; I want to switch to Truvada+Stcokrin for practical reason and lipo etc. my Dr. told me that it is fine I can do that right now as he considered that my VL being 150 (below 200)is like undetectable and that it is safe to do the swtich, please give me your valuable opinion, can I do it or should I wait? Thanks in Advance

Hello and thank you for your post.

I agree with your doctor. Since you've only been on medications for 2 months, a viral load of 150 is well within normal responses to treatment, indicative that there is not any measure of drug resistance.

For this reason and for purposes of considering a switch in medications from Combivir to Truvada (tenofovir+FTC), I'd think that it would be ok. Be sure to make sure that your doctor considers your risk of kidney disease- for example, if you have a strong family history or already have kidney injury, tenofovir-containing treatments should be monitored closely, if used at all. Without such risks, I'd think that the switch should go well.

I hope this helps. Be well,

BY

Atripla and Lipoatrophy
atripla champix