combivir/sustiva switch to Atripla

Hello Dr. Dejesus, My question to you is what do I do when I get the atripla? you see I'm currently taking combivir and sustiva and my dr switched those to meds to the atripla. I want to know that when I get the med which will be tues nov 25th am I to stop the combivir in the morning of tues and start the atripla that tues night before I go to bed. or should I wean myself off of the combivir a couple of days before starting the atripla?I don't want to make a mistake and cause a bad reaction if any. plz help me if you can thanks!

Response from Dr. DeJesus

It is really not that complex to switch. One day you take the Combivir and Sustiva, the way that you have done for a long time. The next day, you do not take any medications in the morning, and start the Atripla at night; no weaning off, not taking both meds the same date. Good luck!

splash of hiv infected blood in the eye
CD4 LIPO