splash of hiv infected blood in the eye
Nov 28, 2008
I was at work and I was washing the instruments that were used on a hiv pt. the blood that was in one of the containers was mixed with water. I was at the sink rinsing out the container and a small drop or speckle of water/blood got into my eye. It was not a large amount infact it was very small, just enough to make you blink. I am concerned cause Pep was not started due to the fact it was thought to be overkill. but do you think I should still be concerned about this.
Response from Dr. DeJesus
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Fever After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Touching Sperm Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Touching Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- How Long Does It Normally Take For Your Pap Smear Test Results Come Back?
- How Long Is Thrush Contagious?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.